Friday, January 25, 2019

John Lennon's Finest Moment. Not.

So as i mentioned earlier this week, a certain Shady Dame and I were at London's Victoria and Albert Museum last Sunday, which is a fabulous place and I highly recommend it. More specifically, we were there to see an exhibition on the history of censorship in England. Which turned out to be unexpectedly droll, as you can see from the photos below.



In any event, the big whoop over a late 60s/early 70s Brit underground magazine called Oz featured prominently in the show; most Americans, even hippies like myself, were only vaguely aware of it at the time, but it was a very big and controversial deal in England and it's a fascinating story.

If only because John Lennon released an actual benefit record for the rag on Apple. Which I also hadn't known about...


...and so as soon as I got back to our hotel room, I sat down and listened to it.



And promptly wished I hadn't.

Let's just say it's not "Instant Karma."

Have a great weekend, everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll have to check that out myself. I had no idea that that was actually John - thanks for the back-story, Steve.

Chris E.

Anonymous said...




Don't forget this one (which is actually not as awful):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHcY25mTWjQ

John said...

Been waiting, lo these many years, for a reinterpretation of the Hokey Pokey.