Thursday, June 15, 2023

Songs I'd Forgotten Existed, Let Alone Loved (An Occasional Series): Special "Tattoos and Multiple Piercings" Edition

From 2000, please enjoy way too damn talented and good looking siblings The Corrs and their fab contemporary power-pop-meets-Celtic-folk-rock hit "Breathless."

That came on the sound system at my watering hole the other day, and not only had I forgotten how much I dug it, I had forgotten who actually did it. In any case, it's really great; I can imagine The Hollies doing a version, and higher praise than that I can not give.

I should add that back in 2013, a certain Shady Dame and I found ourselves in Bruges -- which is on balance NOT, as Colin Farrell observed in the magisterial In Bruges, a fuckin' hellhole, but is in fact a deeply weird place -- and we encountered a poster for an upcoming solo concert by front gal Andrea Corr plastered on a telephone pole next to this.

Because, you know, nothing says 15th century Cathedral town like a nose ring festival and an Irish sex kitten.

Coming tomorrow: the triumphant return of Weekend Listomania!!!

4 comments:

Allan Rosenberg said...

The music is sorta okay in a poppish way but the video is borderline offensive. It would have made Laura's head explode!

(Usually I'm a sexist pig) Captain Al

Anonymous said...

Steve. - I'll give it my American Bandstand review
1,Catchy melody
2. It's danceable
3. I'll rate it 8 / 10

rob

Anonymous said...

I suppose they're better than Wilson-Phillips. Production is kinda plastic. Generic slide solo. Guitars not crunchy enough. Too Much synth. And I don't like that half-yodel Cranberries thing she does.

I wasn't even gonna comment on this tune but for this ... The guy in the Stetson hat is the spitting image of our Chula Vista dope connection from the early 1970's. Yum. Which is weird, since I mentioned him in a rambling auto-biographical "Diamond Dogs/Rebel Rebel" comment yesterday that I decided not to post.

VR

BTW, nice to see you, at least, say your mellowing regarding Halloween Jack, Simels. But I'm kinda skeptical.

Anonymous said...

@VR: "a rambling auto-biographical ... comment yesterday that [you] decided not to post"?

Are you claiming that you're capable of posting something that isn't rambling and autobiographical (not to mention self-aggrandizing)? All available evidence is to the contrary.