Saturday, June 17, 2023

Weekend Programming Notes

Two lovely bits of news today: As promised, In My Own Good Time, the new EP by my longtime bandmate (and singer of The Floor Models) Gerry Devine, is now available for stremaing and/or purchase at multiple online outlets, including biggies like Spotify, Amazon, Pandora, iTunes, Bandcamp, and the rest of the usual digital suspects.

(I'm informed we're on TikTok as well, but don't go over there if you're privy to sensitive American defense secrets. Thank you.).

Also -- drum roll please -- a song from the EP (along with a fabulous mix of music old and new sure to please the readers of this here blog) will be featured tomorrow on my fave internet radio show...

...hosted by the great deejay (and friend of PowerPop) Wayne Lundqvist Ford!

Air time is 1pm EST, and you can -- and very definitely should -- tune in over at www.woodyradio.com. Could be a hot one!!!

I should add that the whole EP is now up at YouTube; I don't know which track Wayne's gonna be playing, but I am assured it will either be the title tune or this fabulous cover of the Byrds psych-folk-rock classic "5D".

In any event, enjoy!!!

POSTSCRIPT; Actual physical CDs (you know -- with a back cover and credits and all that stuff) will be available soon (hopefully by months end); I'll keep you guys posted.

And may I note, once again, that kudos are due to a certain Shady Dame/art director of my acquaintance, who came up with the cover concept and executed it brilliantly, despite working cheap. Heh.

2 comments:

SteveS said...

Haven't heard the whole EP yet, but the two tracks I did hear were fab. (Also, how blessed is Gerry that his voice is still as great as it was 40 years ago? Mine sure isn't.) Lastly, I lurve Shady Dame's cover! Heading over to YT now to check out the rest of the EP.

ChrisE said...

Cheap and shady - that's a good combination :-)