Well, it's Friday, and you know what that means. My Oriental houseboy Hop-Sing and I are heading to Paris to check up on subprime loans in the land of the Ignoble Frog. That done, we will be attending a celebrity auction where I hope to bid for Catherine Deneuve's bicycle seat. So posting by moi will necessarily be sporadic for a few days.
Meantime, here's a fun project for you all:
Famous Rock Group or Solo Performer Whose Music You've Somehow Never Heard A Note Of!!!
You know -- musicians who huge numbers of people love and/or consider extremely important, and yet for whatever reason you've managed to live your life without ever hearing them.
And I don't mean you've seen them on TV once or twice but they made no impression. Or that you accidentally heard a song they did in the end credits of a bad movie. No, I mean that you literally have never -- to your knowledge -- been exposed to them at all. Probably by choice.
My totally top of my head Top Seven:
1. The Cocteau Twins -- Ethereally lovely, right? They could be the Olsen Twins, for all I know.
2. The Fall -- Totally uncompromising post-punk everything, n'est-ce pas? Beats me; wouldn't recognize 'em if I fell over 'em.
3. Butthole Surfers -- I suspect they're fun, but I have no idea what they sound like.
4. Pavement -- They're like low-fi Lou Reed, right?
5. Creed -- They suck, right? Maybe I'm lucky I never heard them.
6. Spoon -- They're good, right? Maybe I should go look at YouTube.
7. Young Jeezy -- I believe he declaims stuff. Somebody likes him, I'm told.
Let the jeering at other peoples blind spots begin!!!!!