Thursday, November 11, 2010

To Paraphrase Casey Kasem: It's an Early Clue to the New Direction and Who Gives a S**t

From 1983, please enjoy (hasn't really been funny since "Another One Rides the Bus") musical parodist "Weird" Al Yankovic and his version of you-know-who's "Beat It."



"Eat It."

Jeebus, what a masterstroke. What a fricking coup. Seriously -- compared to this, S. J. Perelman's Farewell, My Lovely Appetizer is a back issue of CRACKED. Compared to this, Jane Austen's Northranger Abbey is...well, you get the idea.

In any case, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize will be awarded to the first reader who gleans the clip's relevance to the theme of tomorrow's Weekend Listomania.

12 comments:

MJConroy said...

Songs about (buildings and) food?

steve simels said...

Nah, too easy.
:-)

Edward said...

Favorite fat musicians?
Trying too hard to be tough?
Two Word Titles?
Parents advice to children?

Anonymous said...

revenge of the nerds? AP

Sal Nunziato said...

Songs by artists less funny than Raymond Burr.

Anonymous said...

Raymond Burr? AP

steve simels said...

Raymond Burr -- yes!!!


Oh, actually no.
:-)

Although if he ever sang on a record at any time, I am now on a mission from God to find the mp3 and post it.

Sal Nunziato said...

I'm sorry. It was a lame attempt at humor, as well as showing my distaste for Weird Al. My real guess...miserable second (and third) attempts at recreating the first hit

Faze said...

"From the moment I clicked on this link until the second I clicked out, I couldn't stop laughing. Someday I intend to watch it" -- Groucho Marx on S.J. Perelman's parody video of "Whatever it is, I'm Against It."

MBowen said...

Messages from the Catfood Commission to the American public?

steve simels said...

Okay -- as annoyed as this makes me, I have to give it to Edward. Although I won't say which one.

In any case, Edward -- your coveted blah blah is winging its way to you. Somehow.


And may I just say in advance, and for the record -- tomorrow's Listomania is the dumbest ever.
:-)

Edward said...

Ahhh, the power of brute force;>