Monday, August 20, 2012

"There Are No Second Acts in American Lives"

And showing just how full of shit F. Scott Fitzgerald was on occasion, here's a guy having a triumphant THIRD act.

Making his American network television debut on the Letterman show last week, it's 70 year old(!) singer/songwriter Rodriguez -- star of that Searching for Sugar Man documentary I bugged you about recently -- with the quite amazing "Crucify Your Mind."



Has a real Forever Changes vibe, now that I think of it.

In any event, if Searching for Sugar Man is playing anywhere remotely near your neighborhood, run, do not walk, to see it; it's very rare that a music film also doubles as a brilliant real life mystery story AND an affirmation of the human spirit.

6 comments:

geor3ge said...

Wow . . .

I just . . .


Wow.

buzzbabyjesus said...

Wow is the word. I hope he has the career he deserves.
I not only hear "Forever Changes", but also Dylan and "Lay Lady Lay". An avenue of Pop he didn't, so far as I know, explore.

steve simels said...

I'm posting another song on the movie soundtrack tomorrow -- prepare to have your mind blown.

Brooklyn Girl said...

The coolest movie I've seen in a long time, about the coolest dude.

Sal Nunziato said...

Incredible. Really beautiful. Damn.

Anonymous said...

>An avenue of Pop he didn't, so far as I know, explore.

True. Leonard Cohen did though.