Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ding Dong the Fricking Witch is Fricking Dead, Mofo!

Okay, Disney -- THIS is how it's supposed to be done. Not that Oz the Great and Powerful with cute CGI crap.



Seriously, I don't know who's responsible for the graphic, but it's hilarious. However, I bring this up because right before I found it, I happened to be downloading the Fifth Estate's greatest hits album, and I'd forgotten how much I liked their 1967 version of you know what.





It's actually rather nice in a sort of baroque pop Tokens/Happenings sort of way. I'm also taken with their version of "Heigh-Ho," but don't worry -- I won't inflict that one on you.

7 comments:

mister muleboy said...

The 1860s were known for the Civil War and the Fifth Estate.


So ahead of their time, were they

steve simels said...

Nobody likes a smartass, pal.

See -- this is what happens when I type in the dark.
:-)

Anyway, 1967. Corrected and thank you.

Jai Guru Dave said...

If you are wondering why Simels likes that poster so much, a bit of insight: I went to high school with him, and in the yearbook he was voted "Most likely to perform an unnatural act on the corpse of Judy Garland."

Full disclosure: I myself was voted "Most likely to marry outside of my species."

steve simels said...

I should add that Jai Guru Dave knows whereof he speaks.

My actual high school graduation picture.

http://powerpop.blogspot.com/2012/12/separated-at-birth.html

Anonymous said...

so very counter-counterculture that it's counterculture

Anonymous said...

Powerpoop.

ROTP(lumber)

Billy B said...

Steve I actually liked GL and the Playboys. Of course, I was 10 years old when he got drafted...