Thursday, March 21, 2013

Ding Dong the Fricking Witch is Fricking Dead, Mofo!

Okay, Disney -- THIS is how it's supposed to be done. Not that Oz the Great and Powerful with cute CGI crap.

Seriously, I don't know who's responsible for the graphic, but it's hilarious. However, I bring this up because right before I found it, I happened to be downloading the Fifth Estate's greatest hits album, and I'd forgotten how much I liked their 1967 version of you know what.

It's actually rather nice in a sort of baroque pop Tokens/Happenings sort of way. I'm also taken with their version of "Heigh-Ho," but don't worry -- I won't inflict that one on you.


mister muleboy said...

The 1860s were known for the Civil War and the Fifth Estate.

So ahead of their time, were they

steve simels said...

Nobody likes a smartass, pal.

See -- this is what happens when I type in the dark.

Anyway, 1967. Corrected and thank you.

Jai Guru Dave said...

If you are wondering why Simels likes that poster so much, a bit of insight: I went to high school with him, and in the yearbook he was voted "Most likely to perform an unnatural act on the corpse of Judy Garland."

Full disclosure: I myself was voted "Most likely to marry outside of my species."

steve simels said...

I should add that Jai Guru Dave knows whereof he speaks.

My actual high school graduation picture.

Anonymous said...

so very counter-counterculture that it's counterculture

Anonymous said...



Billy B said...

Steve I actually liked GL and the Playboys. Of course, I was 10 years old when he got drafted...