Thursday, September 19, 2019

Live From Some Weekend in 1982

More proof, if any was needed, that the best rock-and-roll is made at two in the morning by people playing at a dive bar -- in this case, the old Other End on Bleecker Street in Greenwich Village -- in front of a bunch of drunken louts.

More specifically -- The Floor Models covering "19th Nervous Breakdown." Shall we say enthusiastically.

Recorded with a boom box in front of the stage; the singer's girlfriend can be heard arguing about the check.

As you can see (and hear, at the end, if you click the link) I was doing my Bill Wyman impression at the time.




We had a more or less two year weekend residency at the aforementioned Other End, and if memory serves I believe I have mentioned on previous occasions that I look back now on the experience as the most fun I've ever had with my clothes on.

4 comments:

Ken J Xenozar said...

Another great version by The Raisins, one of the great bands of the Midwest in the 1980s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9RVqQUTQE

Anonymous said...

The Flo Mos at the Other End were incredibly fun times!!!

Captain Al

pete said...

Let me add to your "the best rock-and-roll is made" statement with: The best rock-and-roll is made with a great drummer.

Unknown said...

Nice energetic cover of a great Stones classic!