Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Original Songs by Unoriginal Means? YOU Make the Call!!!

From right freaking now, please enjoy three chord wiseguy Dfactor Pop and his new but ironically retro ode to a "21st Century AI Man."

That speaks for itself, obviously, so for a change I'm not gonna wax overly descriptive. Except to say that it's a killer power pop record in the classic tradition and yet, obviously, relevant to life as we're currently living it. Very cool, in other words.

I should add that this lyrical snippet...

We used to dance wild and free

Back in the 20th century

...really speaks to me, if you know what I mean.

In case you're wondering who this guy is when he's at home (as they say), here's his becomingly brief official bio...

Dfactor Pop is a U.S. singer-songwriter (based in Phoenix, AZ) who writes, sings and records his cool, catchy guitar rock songs. His music is a mixture of melodic pop, power crunch chords, witty observant lyrics, and amped-up '60s garage rock, topped off with brash vocals and an enthusiastic DIY approach.

...which I assume is authoritative.

I should add that "21st Century AI Man" is the first single from Dfactor's upcoming full-length album, scheduled for this summer, and tentatively titled Cowboy Dfactor (take that, Beyonce!).

And to hear more from DFP, who seems to have been plying his trade for quite some time unbeknownst to me, hie thee to his Bandcamp page over HERE.

You're welcome.

4 comments:

edward said...

I dunno. That official bio reads like it was created by ChatGBT

steve simels said...

That may have been the point, however.😎

mistah charley, sb, ma, phd, jsps said...



dancing wild and free - sometimes i think of myself as a time traveler from the 20th century

during elementary and middle school i read a lot of science fiction - some things these days are not so surprising but the general ambience is not what i had hoped for

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo. "So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."


John K said...

This song could be a nice companion piece to the Kink's "20th Century Man".