Thursday, January 27, 2005

I admit it, I was (gulp!) wrong!

A few weeks ago in this space, I noted that Bez, the delightfully pointless go-go boy/pusher/groupie for Happy Mondays and Black Grape, had been eliminated from the BBC version of Celebrity Big Brother.

I was wrong.

At one point, he had been the odds-on favorite, a position he slipped from after he tried to escape.
During the show, which raised £250,000 for charity, Bez attempted a half-hearted escape and lost his temper on several occasions which he put down to “missing my weed”.

Of course, that just made his odds better when he won.

More than that, according to NME, they're now giving him his own fly-on-the-wall show, like The Osbournes, in which we'll be able to watch (in three years, when BBC America gets around to showing it) The Life of Bez! Starring Shaun Ryder as, well, himself, one hopes. I can't wait to see the Christmas episode. I hope it's like the one on The Osbournes where Ozzy got trashed and talked to the camera for the whole show. "I'm a drunk and I'm a fool, but I could be worse. I could be.... (pregnant pause, obviously trying to think of the worst person possible)... Sting."

Admitting I'm wrong isn't so bad. That's what I get for my studious avoidance of reality TV. Fair enough.

No comments: