Friday, March 08, 2013

The Stations of the Cross: An Occasional Series

Okay, Blogger just ate part two of "Scenes From an Italian Restaurant," thus wasting a couple of hours of work.

Given that one definition of insanity is repeating the same action in the hope of a different result, I have decided to just -- you know, fuck off for the weekend.

See you on Monday, assuming I don't slash my wrists in the interim.

UPDATE: And speaking of the Stations of the Cross, I thought I'd post the picture below, for obvious reasons. From Nicholas Ray's 1961 King of Kings (or as they referred to it in the trades at the time, I Was a Teenage Jesus) here's the late Jeffrey Hunter, as the Big J, ascending to Calvary in green Italian hushpuppies.



This is one of my all time favorite photos ever; to my knowledge, it only ever appeared in the deluxe movie tie-in book that came with the original MGM King of Kings soundtrack, an elpee which featured prominently on the stereo playlist at Casa Simels back in my youth.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Where are we going to go, Mama Leone's? See you Monday.

Anonymous said...

Dude, write your longer posts in a text editor first. I know, it's inconvenient, but it's two extra steps vs. slamming yourself in the face with a keyboard every time some sucky content management system demonstrates exactly why it sucks. (Desktop Macs come with ALUMINUM keyboards nowadays, by the way, which is how I came to this solution.)

buzzbabyjesus said...

I have a pair of those green hush puppies. They are quite comfy.