Friday, February 15, 2019

If You Can Watch This Without Getting Misty, I Don't Want to Know You

Dawes on the Letterman show, from 2015, doing probably my all-time favorite Warren Zevon song.



I chanced across this by accident yesterday, although one of my old bandmates and pals in The Weasels had been telling me how great the Dawes guys were for ages, and I was looking to post something by them in his honor. This particular video, obviously, was a two-fer.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

[h/t Jai Guru Dave]

7 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

My fave Zevon song, as well. Those harmonies courtesy of Carl Wilson! Dawes does a fine job. Nice post.

Billy B said...

Really good band. I hear them on the Philly indy station quite a bit.

The singer reminds me of Jackson Browne.

Jai Guru Dave said...

Wow! Just wow!
I had never seen that. It makes me realize how much I miss Dave; and how Dawes is the one band out there now that I would most like to see play live.

cthulhu said...

Saw this several months ago and, yeah, definitely had something in my eye well before the end.

FD13NYC said...

Saw them open up for Jeff Lynne's ELO at MSG, they were pretty good I must say.

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Don't get me started on Dawes but I'll simply say that Taylor Goldsmith is the best lyric writer out there right now. These guys are the real deal. Every time on vinyl or in concert this band continues to push and grow, all the while remembering the music that is meaningful to them. And Warren? Dang...

Paul

daudder said...

thanks! that was so great