That's from their 2013 Australian farewell tour, BTW.
I've always loved that song, and I just gotta say -- that performance is totally undimmed from their glory days. Way to go, senior citizens. 😎
An idiosyncratic blog dedicated to the precursors, the practioners, and the descendants of power pop. All suggestions for postings and sidebar links welcome, contact any of us.
11 comments:
About 15 years ago, I helped an old friend who was going through a really difficult time. It wasn't financial or anything laborious. I was just "there," so to speak, when so many others weren't. Then one afternoon, she sends a text and it's this Seekers song, nothing else.
Since then, I absolutely get "sniffly" when I hear it.
Nice pull.
😎😎😎
Great group, great song, etc. But the first thing that comes to mind is, "Is this an outtake from A Mighty Wind?"
Must be something in the air; I've got the first Washington Squares CD queued up to play today when I get back from work.
C in California
Nice and love the acoustic 12 string as well.
rs
Pretty darn impressive that they can all four still sing, and that's the original four members! I never knew they were Australians.
It does have a sort of "Mighty Wind" adjacent vibe to it, actually. 😎
Simply lovely; one of my all-time favorites.
These guys had a connection to Paul Simon, sometime between his True Taylor persona (look up "True or False") and his (re) joining with Art.
Bob in IL
The guitarist second from left co-wrote "Red Rubber Ball" with Simon. Apparently, there was some kind of dispute about royalties and they did not part amicably. 😎
beautiful performance, beautiful song - Wikipedia tells me it was written by dusty springfield's brother - also quotes someone as saying the group was "too pop to be folk, too folk to be rock" - that didn't stop them, however - like Cleveland Jeff, I didn't know they were Australians
Post a Comment