Sunday, May 20, 2007

...But Fueled By Beer

I hope NYMary will forgive me if she's previously posted this, but it's just so cool I can't resist.

It's Guided By Voices, one of the greatest bands who ever lived (or so the guy at the beginning of the clip says), performing their infernally catchy "Teenage FBI.



I mean, the fabulous guitar riffs and the addictive tune notwithstanding, what makes this song so great is that the phrase "teenage FBI" is such a wonderful metaphor for...well, actually I'm not sure what's it's a metaphor for. But it makes some kind of sense in the context of the rest of the lyrics so what the hell.

3 comments:

NYMary said...

I've actually never seen this video! Cool!

steve simels said...

Then I've added to the sum total of human knowledge.

Excellent!
:-)

Gardner said...

Cool indeed. Even the occasional faux Cockney accent can't keep it down. Many thanks!