Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Oh. My. God.

Seriously -- this animated music video for Nina Simone's "My Baby Just Cares For Me" is a work of staggering genius.



Anybody have the slightest idea who did it and when?

BTW -- if you're unfamiliar with the original record, it features one of the most perfect piano solos ever waxed. I play a little and trust me -- I'd kill to be able to duplicate it.

Update: Thank god for Wikipedia -- "A claymation music video was produced by Aardman Animations and directed by Peter Lord."

Should have recognized the visual style, which is pure Wallce and Gromit.

2 comments:

geor3ge said...

Wow. Someome spent a good many hours studying Ms. Simone in action to produce that.

Anonymous said...

What Fun!

And simels, you're a fellow piano player? Seriously, if you have the ear for it, that solo wouldn't be too difficult to work up.

FeralLiberal