Wednesday, May 16, 2007

It's Official -- It's Swedish Appreciation Day at PowerPop!

Here's a charmingly nutty clip of ABBA and their heartrending classic of suburban infidelity and weird beards "Knowing Me Knowing You".



Cracks me up every time -- it's like a Monkees video directed by Ingmar Bergman.

Actually, that's not as far-fetched as it sounds. If memory serves, there's a longform ABBA video directed by My Life as a Dog and Chocolat
auteur Lasse Hellstrom. Come to think of it, this may actually be from it.

Update: As usual, Wikipedia is our friend; the above was indeed directed by Hellstrom.

5 comments:

Hecate said...

Yeah, Swedes!

billy b said...

Knowing me knowing you was my favorite ABBA toon.

steve simels said...

My 80s skinny-tie band did an absolutely killer rocked out version of S.O.S.

CyFlorist said...

I love ABBA, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Though I probably should be.

dave said...

ABBA was a staple on the pioneering underground FM rocker, KSAN in San Francisco.

"Name of the Game" was a big fave of theirs...