Thursday, October 21, 2010

Happy Birthday!

Many happy returns to my stalwart co-blogger Steve, on his %$%^$*&#@th birthday, which he is spending in gay Paree with his lovely paramour. Have a wonderful time!



or, in another mode:



Hey, they cut off the last line: "Happy Birthday, you old bastard!" (Though that's obviously not appropriate here, so it's just as well.) I just hope simels lets me be Flanders to his Monty Burns for many years to come.

PS. For some reason, the last line of that scene just came to me. Mr. Burns turns to Smithers and says: "Have the Rolling Stones killed." Heh.

10 comments:

Marcellina said...

Happy Birthday, Steve!

The text of a recent New Yorker cartoon ("I did follow my bliss. It wandered around in circles and then ended up in an Arby's in Hoboken.") for some reason made me think of you.
Good to see *your* bliss takes you to Paris!

steve simels said...

I used to live in Hoboken, actually. Although I don't think they had an Arbys at the time.
:-)

Sal Nunziato said...

Happy Birthday Sleeve! You make the world a better place.

TMink said...

Have a wonderful day Steve! Thanks for all the fun! God bless you and yours. Trey

FD13NYC said...

Many happy returns Steverino! Remember, it's a privilege to get older, some people don't. Have a great trip!! FD

Anonymous said...

Is it a coincidence that Steve, along with fellow rocker-of-Jewish-persuasion, Manfred Mann (ne Michael Lubowitz) were both born October 21, and that both went on to become music legends?

I think not.

AP

Kid Charlemagne said...

Joyeux anniversaire mon ami!

steves said...

In the native tongue of Dayton, OH: "Un tres joyeux anniversaire, monsieur Zimels!"

Enjoy!

(Word Verification: "Artachi")
I like that!

steve simels said...

You guys kill me.
:-)

MBowen said...

As they say in France, cheers, mate!