Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Words Fail Me (An Occasional Series): More Proof, As If Any Was Needed, That Chrissie Hynde Remains the Coolest Woman on the Planet

From last week, here she is with her fabulous new band JP, Chrissie & The Fairground Boys, live in Denver, Colorado, with a jaw-dropping version of...a Moby Grape song?

Specifically, the Wow classic "Murder in My Heart for the Judge."



Seriously -- had I been at this show, when she pulled the tune out of the hat I would have felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

[h/t Jeffco]

8 comments:

dave™© said...

Wow! BTW, I saw the Grape do this at a "legalize pot" rally in front of SF City Hall back in '77...

Faze said...

Gotta agree with grandma about the Grape!

TMink said...

Just when you thought she could not get cooler, she does. Is there another woman in rock with her cred? Nobody comes to mind. Maybe if you open genres you could make a case for Irma Thomas or Mable Staples. Maybe. In a male dominated industry, few men can equal her accomplishments.

Trey

steve simels said...

First female rocker in the league of Lennon/McCartney, Jagger-Richards, Pete Townshend, Ray Davies, etc.

No question about it. And maybe still the only one, in terms of body of work and stuff.

Carol said...

I think I'm the only person in the world who thinks she's a total idiot.

fmcg said...

Why do you think that, Frida?

Gummo said...

when she pulled the tune out of the hat I would have felt like I'd died and gone to heaven.

Well, really, at your age you feel like that lot, now don't you?

But seriously folks....

Cool clip, good cover of a great song.

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

She just played her heart out to to a ridiculously small crowd in Minneapolis, but by multiple accounts an amazing show, and so of course I had to be out of town & miss it ...