Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Image of the Day: Fort Knox Rocks!

From 1968: Please behold in breathless wonder The Trends, an all-gal Louisville band that -- in the words of drummer and pal of mine Alanna Nash -- "broke out" only as far as Fort Knox."


Alanna has written for just about every media outlet on the planet, beginning with the Magazine Formerly Known as Stereo Review (in point of fact, I think she got her byline in said rag even before I did). Later, we toiled together for Entertainment Weekly.

Alanna also wrote the Jessica Savitch biography that became the basis, however loosely, for the 1996 Robert Redford/Michelle Pfeiffer vehical Up Close and Personal.

I would also like to say, and for the record, that my favorite thing about this photo -- apart from the obvious -- is that Alanna, ever the rebel, declined to wear the admittedly very cool striped jackets that the rest of the band sported.

In any case: Eat your heart out, Go-Gos. Bite me, Bangles.

THE TRENDS RULE!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God - for a second there, I thought bought the women on the left were holding basses, in which case they would have automatically become the best band ever!

buzzbabyjesus said...

Drummers don't wear jackets.

steve simels said...

Heh.
:-)

Mick Avory did, by the way.....

Alzo said...

So did the incredible Steve Moore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItZyaOlrb7E

29 million hits!

Anonymous said...

"Bite me, Bangles" is the funniest line I've read in quite awhile. Wish I'd come up with it in the 80s!

Happy Thanksgiving, Steve. :)