Thursday, December 24, 2015

Deck Us All With Boston Charlie...

From 2015, please enjoy "A Brand New Christmas."

Written and performed by my old pal (and more recently honorary Floor Model) Ronnie D'Addario.




As you can hear, Ronnie's paying tribute here to the Three B's -- The Beatles, The Beach Boys and Badfinger -- and for my money it's one of the best Christmas rock songs ever; I absolutely lurve the fadeout, in particular.

I should add that Ronnie's teenage son Brian is playing the hot guitar solo; apparently, having kids is a great way to get a backup band.

4 comments:

Jai Guru Dave said...

Delightful!! I love the McCartney tone of his voice, and the killer harmonies.
The vocals at the end remind me of the ending of "Old Brown Shoe". Was that intentional?

Happy Crimble to all.

steve simels said...

I'm guessing probably yes.

And back at ya!!!!
:-)

pete said...

Love this. One of the best ever. Who's the drummer? (pun intended)

buzzbabyjesus said...

I don't really hear the three B's, and that's OK. It's better I don't.