Friday, December 11, 2015

Keep Watching the Skies! (Part Deux)

And speaking as we were yesterday of everybody's favorite refugee (from the planet Melmac, and fuck you, Donald Trump) please enjoy -- from the 1996 telemovie Project: ALF...


...the greatest pop culture gag in the history of pop culture gags. Starting at approximately the 8 minute mark



ALF (at a pay phone): Murph, is that you?

Murph (on the other end): ALF...where are you?

ALF (looking around): I'm standing on a corner somewhere in Arizona -- not a fine sight to see. Hold it, there's someone slowing down to take a look at me.

Murph: Yeah, right -- a girl in a flatbed Ford, huh?

ALF (amazed): How did you know?

Words fail me. But in any case, have a great weekend, everybody.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They probably would have used Bixby for a cameo too, if he was still alive. Met his ex in a gay bar in L.A. once when I was in college Such a beautiful lady.

Ray Walston was one of those guys who could be very good or very annoying. Sometimes both simultaneously. Enjoyed him in Kiss Me, Stupid.

Stayed at the Travel Lodge in Winslow out on Route 66 in the early Seventies with a blonde trucker guy I was seeing occasionally. I was really good at alleviating the monotony of the road. He was a Peterbilt man. His favorite highway sign was "Watch For Rocks."

P.S. The girls at the Kitty Kat Lounge don't have a clue.

VR - I got a gun and I eat red meat. And make my home in Climax, Nevada.

Anonymous said...

can't something be done?

Anonymous said...

It's about conceptual continuity. Sometimes if you sift through the dirt, you might find a little gold. If not, watch a Billy Wilder film.

VR - Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.

buzzbabyjesus said...

I'm not saying anything this time.