Friday, December 25, 2015

Nora's Freezing on the Trolley....

From the 1991 alt-rock Christmas compilation A Lump of Coal...


...please enjoy (from Canada) The Odds and perhaps my favorite Christmas rock track of all time -- their Crazy Horse-ish take on "Kings of Orient (We Three Kings)."



Jeebus (sorry) but that's great, and the rest of the album is almost as good (in particular the Hoodoo Gurus doing to "Little Drummer Boy" what always should have been done -- it's on YouTube if you're curious). In any case, Lump can be obtained (cheap) over at Amazon HERE. You're welcome.

And Happy Holidays, everybody -- have a great weekend too!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Thanks. Somehow missed this one, perhaps due to cultural blinders. And me, a big ODDS fan, and an equally big (Scott McCaughey) YOUNG FRESH FELLOWS fan. I blame myself. And by the way, as I make my way through all YOU AM I albums (thanks, P3) I'm noticing that YOU AM I and ODDS have a lot in common musically.