Monday, December 28, 2015

Stevie Wright 1947-2015

The lead singer of The Easybeats has gone down under permanently.


Okay, I'm going to hell for that joke.



One of the saddest rock stories ever, alas -- it's amazing he lived as long as he did. The bottom line, however -- as I've said here on numerous happier occasions -- is that the Easybeats deserve to be thought of as right up there with the whole Stones/Who/Kinks pantheon, which is to say along with any great Sixties band who wasn't The Beatles.

Seriously -- they were that good.

5 comments:

MJConroy said...


His complete sad history:
http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/somuchtosay/default.htm

Anna said...

Also, a good documentary on the band I found on YouTube yesterday, "Friday On My Mind: The Easybeats Story":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhXIEqoohfs

buzzbabyjesus said...

"Sorry" is the one I like.

Voxtron said...

At least that song is great. I have never been able to locate a GOOD SOUNDING Easybeats collection on CD. Does anybody know of one?

Anonymous said...

No, Steve, hell is for people who have NO sense of humor.

J. Lag