Monday, February 02, 2009

The French They Are a Funny Race...

...and if you know the second half of that couplet, you ought to be ashamed of yourself.

In any case, our pal Sal Nunziato over at Burning Wood first posted this clip of Jerry Lewis (from the 1958 classic Rock-a-Bye Baby) a few weeks ago, in what context I can't recall. But I thought I'd put it up here today for any lurking fans of the whole downtown NYC Noise Rock scene of the 80s. You know -- Mars, DNA, Teenage Jesus and the Jerks...bands like that.



And speaking of DNA, as you will doubtless notice, Jerry's guitar solos sound pretty much exactly like Arto Lindsay. Obviously, if Jerry had been hanging out on the Bowery circa 1984, it wouldn't just have been the French hailing him as a genius.

5 comments:

dave™© said...

As a matter of fact, I do know the second half of that couplet. ;)

TMink said...

Dave, I did not know it. But then I googled it. 8)

Trey - who is not at all ashamed

steve simels said...

You mean you can actually find that on Google?


(runs from the room in mock horror)....

Anonymous said...

oh, my!

TMink said...

Indeed! It was the second or third citation!

Trey