Thursday, July 09, 2009

And Speaking of Gorgeous...

....please enjoy brilliant pop classicist Adam Schmitt's lightyears beyond addictive "Speed Kills." From volume 1 of the essential Yellow Pills series.





In all seriousness, if this one doesn't make you smile, I'd really have it looked at. You may recall that I posted another Schmitt song a couple of weeks ago; that one -- from his major label debut album -- was great, but on some level a response to grunge. "Speed Kills" is a little more traditional, and in retrospect I think it's even better. God knows that wordless "doo-doo-doo" chorus thing at the end is a hook for the ages....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hate to be picky, but Adam's major label debut was World So Bright.

steve simels said...

I stand corrected.

Damn!
:-)

Anyway, this song still kills.

the sandwich life said...

oh Speed Kills is amazing....in fact it has led my 7 year old son to become completely obsessed with Adam Schmitt for a couple of years now. Speed Kills is known as the doot doot song in our house....no matter what other music my son likes.....nothing reaches EVER comes close to Adam Schmitt....