Wednesday, October 14, 2009

And Speaking of Gorgeous...

...I've been looking for a digital version of this particular live bootleg (I can't recall what happened to my vinyl copy) for years. And now, thanks to the intertubes, I've found one.

From February 5, 1975, please enjoy Bruce Springsteen, Roy Bittan and violinist Suki Lahav, live on WMMR-FM at the Main Point in Philadelphia, with perhaps the definitive version of "Incident on 57th Street."





Seriously, as some film critic whose name escapes me famously said of the ending of Robin and Marian -- if this doesn't make you cry, I don't want to know you.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

the real Bruce

Anonymous said...

Bruce when he was the greatest live act in Rock & Roll.

ROTP(lumber)

Dave Lifton said...

I chose the name of my blog because Thunder Road debuted as Wings For Wheels at that show.

fokowi said...

totally excellent find, hoser! i dug sid and suzie's remake, also.

peace

steve simels said...

Sid and Suzie do this on the new album?

Damn, I need to hear that...

steve simels said...

Hmmm...somebody's pulling my leg, alas.

Wendy said...

Will have to listen later ... but I can't say the picture is gorgeous! Ew.

Walking Oliver Productions, Ltd said...

That is indeed sehr gorgeous. :-)
PK

Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

OMG that was amazing!!! Where do you find these things?

steve simels said...

SB:

It's a fairly famous bootleg -- I had the vinyl version back in the 70s and turned so many friends on to it I've probably lost count.

Nigel Tufnel said...

Great version of a great song.

Is it just me, or does Bruce bear an uncanny vocal resemblance to Van Morrison at about 5:45 in?

DeepKarma said...

I held it together until the violin kicked in at the end. Misty over this beautiful version of one of my Top 5 songs of all-time and misty over my own memories of the Main Point. Thanks for passing this along Steve!