Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Music to Munch Popcorn By

So the other day I was sitting in my local Hell Octaplex waiting for some piece of formulaic Hollywood product to start -- if memory serves it was Love Happens -- when I heard a song that seemed designed with my mind in mind.

This is a very rare occurrence, I should add; the music they flog before the coming attractions at AMC Theaters is usually the worst kind of commercial Katy Perry/Taylor Swift mega-dreck imaginable. But this one -- which the fake DJ actually IDd as "Super Sun" by Cloud Eleven -- totally charmed me; something about the twelve-string guitar riff and those angelic harmonies. Finally, I thought -- a new song by a new young band that I actually can get behind.





Imagine my chagrin, then, when a Google search turned up the fact that these guys have been around since 1999, and that the song in question is five years old.

Oh well. It's still a very nice record....

3 comments:

FD13NYC said...

Nice find Steve! Good 60's RCA cover.
Who new, A before a movie in a movie theater song. I'm sure the song was better than the movie.

Gummo said...

That is pretty.

And just the other day I was lamenting that you don't hear 12-string guitars in pop music anymore.

Kid Charlemagne said...

Nice rip of Harry Nilsson's "One" cover!