Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It Takes a (Little) Village: Part Deux

I swear to god, I had no idea there was such really good live video of these guys.

From 1992, it's Little Village -- featuring John Hiatt, Ry Cooder, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner.



Taped on a day when they just might have been the greatest rock-and-roll band in the world. Or as Hiatt told MOJO last month,
"It came apart and I'm not sure how. Nick says he's not sure either...I was scared. I think we all were. We were thrust out there when we were just finding our legs. Some shows were magic, you could levitate, the whole place was vibrating..."

7 comments:

Noam Sane said...

They can all make more money on their own. I have little doubt that's the bottom line, but you can't blame them for not really wanting to admit that.

Smokin' cut.

steve simels said...

Indeed it is.

Kid Charlemagne said...

The bottom line is, the disc they made was Godfucking awful and it rightly resides in a 99 cent bin in every record store across America.

Noam Sane said...

Dude, I don't believe you need to capitalize "godfucking". Although we probably should check out Strunk & White to be sure.

steve simels said...

I actually agree about the album. I was very disappointed with it at the time.

But clearly, live they were...astounding.

Kid Charlemagne said...

Steve, I was really looking forward to it when it came out! It was just so lifeless and bland. Too bad they just didn't record a live record!

TMink said...

Cooder looks so young!

Trey