Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Lump of Coal Week (Best and Worst Rock Xmas Songs): Part II -- Special "The Shop Around the Corner" Edition

From his 1993 album The Greatest Living Englishman, please enjoy actual greatest living Englishman Martin Newell and his fiendishly ingratiating ode to "Christmas in Suburbia."

I should add that the first time I heard that song was -- presumably in 1993 -- when friend of PowerPop and moi Sal Nunziato was blasting it over the sound system at my then neighborhood record store NYCD.

And since if memory serves I've never said it -- hey, thanks Sal!!!

2 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

This is my Song Of The Day!
Great minds think alike.
(And we do, too!)

You're welcome!

Mark said...

If you want to read really interesting comments and poetry by Newell, follow the ol' boy on Facebook. Big Cleaners From Venus fan here.