My meth stash is pretty much exhausted, so posting by moi will probably be light this weekend while I try to find Rev. Ted's dealer.
In the meantime, here's a fun game for you:
Best Fictional Rock Star or Band. By which I mean film or TV.
My Top Ten candidates:
1. The Wonders (the garage band in "That Thing You Do").
2. Jet Screamer (Judy Jetson's favorite rock star, singer of "Eep Op Ork.")
3. Conrad Byrdie (from "Bye Bye Byrdie," of couse. Hey, Marshall Crenshaw covered one of his songs).
4. The Rutles
5. A tie: Spinal Tap and The Monkees (I'm stretching here, but both groups were essentially fake bands that actually got their name on great records and even toured live).
6. The Barbusters (Joan Jett, Michael J. Fox, and Michael McKean's prole-rock band in "Light of Day").
7. The Carrie Nations (the girl group in "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls")
8. Chris Gaines (Garth Brooks' alter-ego alt/rocker).
9. The Bedbugs (Lowell George's British Invasion band on "F-Troop").
10. Bryan Adams (I refuse to believe he's a real person).
Jump in, won't you?
But for me, this is hands-down the best (two) fake act(s) ever!