Monday, June 22, 2009

Fight Fire!

Good afternoon all,

I was listening to an old garage comp that I put together for a buddy and this tune literally jumped out of the speakers and I had to share it with you! This is a band fronted by John Fogerty that eventially morphed into Credence Clearwater Revival called the Golliwogs. This is their awesome garage stomper Fight Fire, released in March 1966 on the Scorpio label that inexplicably went nowhere on the charts. John's fingerprints are all over this and it is an unquestionably a glittering gem of the garage era. God bless Bo Diddley! Please excuse me for the vid, but this was the only version of the song I could find on YouTube. If you have never heard this, please enjoy!

5 comments:

The Phantom Creep said...

Wow -- I've heard of that one, but never actually heard it. Thanks for posting this. And I love the "Gloria" instrumental break.

Is that Tom Fogerty singing lead,BTW?

MBowen said...

Oh, yeah, they're definitely on their way to Creedence here.

Kid Charlemagne said...

Yep, that's Fogerty....

TJWood said...

This is also available on the expanded Nuggets box set issued some years back. The Golliwogs' lineup, I believe, is the exact same lineup as CCR.

Kid Charlemagne said...

That's true....TJ I think that is where I grabbed this tune for my comp..just forgot about it