Thursday, July 05, 2012

Life is High School (An Occasional Series)

Okay, this is actually freaking me out.

A friend just forwarded me this 1965 yearbook photo.

I assumed it was somebody in my own graduating class from Teaneck High School, and I immediately pulled out my yearbook to find her.

She wasn't there, of course. In fact, this is one of the most iconic female rock stars of our lifetime, and she did not go to my old school. In fact, she probably wouldn't have been caught dead in New Jersey.

Obviously, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize will be awarded the first reader who guesses her identity.

[h/t Ida Langsam]

10 comments:

buzzbabyjesus said...

Stevie Nicks

steve simels said...

Yes it is, but I don't see the resemblance to Stevie the 70s rock star at all.

Seriously. Not even a bit.

FD13NYC said...

Really?? As soon as I popped on to the blog I knew it was her. Maybe it's time for new spectacles Mr. Magoo.

FD13NYC said...

And remember she is like 18 years old there.

pete said...

Yeah, the clothes may be different but the underbite, the flared nostrils, the soulful gaze - that's our Stephanie!

buzzbabyjesus said...

I didn't have to think about it very long.

steve simels said...

I swear to god -- she looks just like a Jewish girl I graduated with.
:-)

FD13NYC said...

Before she turned into a hippie.

Anonymous said...

Cocaine's a hell of a drug!

Anonymous said...

High school yearbook pictures, the great equalizer.

Almost as good as Brian Setzer's.

And really if you were a true rebel would you have made it to senior year?