Tuesday, July 24, 2012

There's a Dirty Joke in Here Somewhere, But I'm Not Going to Make It

So if you were here yesterday, you may recall I found myself enamored of The Singing Strings of Ernie Freeman, as heard on the otherwise execrable Vikki Carr version of Gene Pitney's "He's a Rebel."

I mention this because while contemplating said Singing Strings (may they live in infamy) I was reminded of the immortal Singing Bush, as seen in a scene from the oddly underrated '80s comedy Three Amigos.

I dunno why that strikes me so funny, but it does.

In any event, a coveted PowerPop No-Prize will be awarded to the first reader to identify the artist providing the voice for said Singing Bush. And no Googling, obviously.


Anonymous said...

Was it not the great and unshort-person Randy Newman hisself?

steve simels said...

Indeed it was, Prize Winner.