Friday, September 17, 2010

Weekend Not a Listomania: The Remnants of Dignity

Okay, I cheated; there is no Listomania this week, because I had a freelance assignment that promises to pay actual money and and working on it necessarily took precedence. I'm sure you'll understand. In any case, WL will be back next, cross my heart.

In its place today, however, I offer -- essentially without comment -- what is probably the cruelest and funniest pop culture deconstruction since the Literal Video version of "Total Eclipse of the Heart."

Ladies and gentlemen, please enjoy, if that is the word, The Rolling Stones and what used to be "Start Me Up."



Discuss.

[Shameless Blogwhore: Okay, I found the time to get my parallel Cinema Listomania -- theme: most interesting big screen misfires, well intentioned or otherwise -- up over at Box Office, but hey -- they pay the bills. Anyway, if you could find a moment to go over there and leave something snarky in the comments section, I'd be eternally in your debt.]

10 comments:

dave™© said...

Oh. My. God...

mister muleboy said...

I checked Webster's: When you look up improvement, you get a link to this video. . . .

Gummo said...

Brilliant!

As is this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQZj5jT0qfU

TMink said...

I almost spewed coffee all over my shirt. When I reposted this on facebook, I included a coffee advisory.

Trey

Kid Charlemagne said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw5oJoUYTb8

Elroy said...

I saw this last night and couldn't come up with anything that wasn't a variation of Dave's comment above.

Still can't this morning! Good thing I don't drink coffee...

My big fear is that there are dozens of similar ones out there, just waiting for me to fire up teh Google!

pete said...

The guy (I think he's Finnish) started with instrumentals, with the key word "shreds" in the title. "Clapton shreds," "Malmsteen shreds," "Paco de Lucia shreds," all hilarious. He should get the Nobel Prize.

Wendy said...

Personally, I think the best one is Kiss, just for the whistling alone.

Karatist Preacher said...

You seem to be forgetting the video for 'She's So Cold'

Karatist Preacher said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVnikonQsdU