Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Cover Versions of the Gods (An Occasional Feature): Special "Transparently Great" Edition

From 1995, and his album Train a Comin', please enjoy the incomparable Steve Earle and his sublime take on The Beatles' classic "I'm Looking Through You."

I had completely forgotten that one until last weekend, when our friend Sal Nunziato, proprietor of the invaluable Burning Wood blog, posted it along with some other really cool covers. I'll think you'll agree that it's totally exquisite.

Thanks Sal -- I owe you one.

4 comments:

ChrisE said...

Been playing Earle's second album "Exit O" a lot lately - very good record.

getawaygoober said...

I like his cover of She's About a Mover. Actually I like the album title even more... Shut Up and Die Like an Aviator. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVft2yRsWGo

Phil Cheese said...

This cover version is popular down here in my side of Kentucky!

JB said...

Great cover! Sounds like McCartney wrote this specifically for Earle.