Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bowie's In Space--No Wait, He's Under the Sea

One of the peculiarities of Life on Liberal Mountain is our taut awareness of the activities of SpongeBob and Patrick, despite our efforts to avoid such knowledge. And so, sitting here grading papers the other day, I got whiplash when I heard, I thought, the voice of David Bowie on SpongeBob. The hell?

But apparently, I was right.



Bowie plays the King of Atlantis, who looks, I think we can all agree, like a demented Blue Meanie. The character, I mean, not Bowie himself.

I could tell you if he's a good guy or a bad guy and how he fares, but in order to do so I'd have to be actively watching SpongeBob--and there are certain sacrifices a blogger ought not make for her blog. However, they're showing it 40 of 50 times a day on Nickelodeon, so you can check it out yourself.

And some crappy video, but you can clearly hear it's Bowie.



Sorry, TKK!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently Sponge Bob saturation is attaining critical mass among America's parents. I was in Target last week and as I walked past the toy aisles, I heard a kid say "Mom? Can I get this??" The mother's quick reply was "No!! No more Spongebob!!"

The Kenosha Kid said...

This only proves how au courant Monsieur Bowie is.

The Kenosha Kid said...

UPDATE: Further proof of David Bowie's utter cool