Monday, November 19, 2007

Meet on the Ledge

Noted without comment, here's The Legendary Star Dust Cowboy and "My Underwear Froze to the Clothesline."

I particularly like the opening from his Wiki entry: "The Legendary Stardust Cowboy, born Norman Carl Odam on October 10, 1947 in Lubbock,Texas, is an incoherent rock and roll performer..."

And the ending isn't bad, either: "He is currently continuing his eastern US tour with his band, the Altamont Boys."


Dave said...

This reminds me of the the quite coherent, equally funky Goober and the Peas, who sold me a prized tee shirt in the early 1990's. They have a couple of videos up: Hot Woman, Cold Beer and Funky Cowboy. Their performances were not too dissimilar to the videos.

The Kenosha Kid said...


I once saw The Legendary Stardust Cowboy open for Buck Naked & The Barebottom Boys. True story.

Uncle Smokes said...

All right!

Another genius from my hometown of Lubbock, Texas!

Dear lord, it's like a shitkickin' Captain Beefheart.