Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Men Are From Mars, God Knows Where These Guys Are From

From 1973 to 1981 Zolar X became legendary on the west coast USA for dressing and acting like space-aliens 24 hours a day. They spoke ceaselessly in an "alien language" of their own invention...

I vaguely remember reading about these guys in Creem back in the day, but I had no idea they were such a big deal, at least in a cult figure sort of way.

And I certainly had no idea there was a video...



Keep watching the skies!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kid Charlemagne said...

Their stuff was reish'ed on New Tentacles a while back. It's pretty fun. It makes me chuckle to think that this guy walked around LA in the 70s "in character".

They were also shown in the promo for that American Idol-style Rock
Band thing on Fox. I didn't actually see the show, but where they on the program?

Anonymous said...

Capt. Kirk meets Spinal Tap.