Thursday, November 08, 2007

More Tales From the Mohammedan Menace

Sorry, I couldn't resist.



Seriously, that's "Just You Wait," from The Trolleyvox Present the Karaoke Meltdowns, by The Trolleyvox, yet another fab new band that I somehow have managed to miss for the last ten years. In any case, it's as spiffy a piece of neo-New Wave power pop as I've heard lately; the fact that it's also a large erect middle finger to the current administration is, for me anyway, merely the icing on the cake.

7 comments:

TMink said...

Great song, potent and distrubing video. I pity the poor girl, wondering how much of those images she actually had to watch!

Trey

steve simels said...

The song itself reminds me of my beloved Velocity Girl, except these guys rock harder.....

Anonymous said...

Hmmm..

I had one of their discs and it was kinda droney psych ala Mazzy Star.

Anonymous said...

Hey Steve,

The Trolleyvox are currently my favorite band. Andrew Chalfen is an amazing guitar player and a super nice guy to boot.

Bobby Sutliff

steve simels said...

Bobby:

Swear to god I'm gonna post on the Loney album next week...

NYMary said...

My friends Milton and the Devils Party have played with the Trolleyvox a couple of times, so I think they might be Philly area. They also have a terrific song on one of the NotLame compilations.

steve simels said...

Hey -- this is cool.

I just got an e-mail from the publicist who handles Trolleyvox.
(An old friend, actually, but I didn't know he was doing their PR).

Anyway, he saw the post and he's sending me their new album.

It's a double -half electric, half acoustic. Could be a hot one...