Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Those Fabulous Nineties!!!!

The other day I was telling somebody that I have this weird habit of continually discovering a band or an album or a song that's ten years old (and that everybody else in the world already knows) and suddenly deciding "Holy shit -- that's great! Where's it been all my life?"

That admitted, I don't think this little number -- which was number one on the Billboard charts this day in 1998 -- is ever going to inspire that reaction.



Not the worst thing I've ever heard, granted, but let's just say it kind of helps put my disappointment with I Am Legend in perspective.

[h/t Josh Hosler's Number One on This Date site]

6 comments:

TMink said...

Finding great music that I missed is why I come HERE! I know own most of the Apples in Stereo, the Strokes, and other artists cause of all you guys and gals!

No Will Smith though.

Trey

steve simels said...

Hey -- it could have been worse.

I'm sure there's a Marky Mark record I overlooked at some point...

Anonymous said...

Steve: You'll always be Jiggy to me!!!!

Also a Weasel!

ROTP(lumber)

PS: I have been out of touch with the Top 100 Billboard charts since the mid 70's! And proud of it!!!

dSmith said...

It's too late now, I suppose, but I can't tell you how much I regret not getting jiggy with it when I had the chance.

Cleveland Bob said...

While true that this was a horrible song, it put me in mind of one of the songs I did like from Will Smith and Jazzy Jeff.

This was one of them.

http://tinyurl.com/ytpaeg

Anonymous said...

好秘书 中国呼吸网 肿瘤网 中国皮肤网 癌症康复网 工作总结 肺癌 肝癌 胃癌 肾癌 食道癌 直肠癌 结肠癌 胰腺癌 卵巢癌 宫颈癌 乳腺癌 子宫癌 皮肤癌 鼻咽癌 贲门癌 白血病 骨癌 膀胱癌 前列腺癌 甲状腺癌 脑瘤 尿道癌 舌癌 喉癌 牙癌 胆囊癌 胆管癌 外阴癌 阴茎癌 葡萄胎 淋巴瘤 口腔癌 扁桃体癌 睾丸肿瘤 绒毛膜癌 黑色素瘤 述职报告