Thursday, May 16, 2013

And This Just In -- World's Oldest Mid-Life Crisis Detected!!!!

Okay, I've decided what my creative project for 2014 is.

I'm gonna make a music video -- featuring me, Steve Simels, as Groucho Marx -- doing this song.





Seriously -- this may be the greatest thing ever written.

One night in Bixby, Mississippi,
We watched the clouds roll by.
I said "My dear, how are you?"
And she whispered "So am I"

And obviously I've got some Groucho drag in my past.



Hey -- this is precisely the kind of thing you're supposed to do in retirement. Or senility.

Okay, I'm just kidding; obviously I'm not going to do this. It's fun to fantasize about, though.

And I should add that the Groucho bootleg pictured above is available for download on the web (somewhere -- I forget where I got it) and you should try to find it. Seriously, it's one of the most entertaining compilations (by anybody) you'll ever hear.

12 comments:

steve simels said...

Testing...testing...

Is this thing on?

steve simels said...

Note to self: Pathetic fantasies about vanity projects less interesting to readers than hoped.

Gummo said...

When I was in college, way before home video, that was a COVETED bootleg!

toko baju muslim said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just out of curiosity, why might that be the greatest thing ever written? I'd like to read your reply.

steve simels said...

Seriously -- if you don't get why Groucho is funny, there's really no way I can explain the song to you.

Sorry.

buzzbabyjesus said...

Steve says the same thing about "Waterloo Sunset". A lot of songs might be the greatest thing ever written. And they can change every day.

Anonymous said...

If someone doesn't have at least 250 favorite songs they really aren't listening.

ROTP(lumber)

steve simels said...

In all seriousness, I have a deliberate penchant for hyperbole which I use, intentionally, as a sort of running gag.

I may be the only person who thinks it's funny, but in any case...
:-)

Anonymous said...

Simels: You heard these guys? They do a mean Beach Boys, too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dy9SrB5t5-0

steve simels said...

Jeebus, that's wonderful. Who are those guys?

Anonymous said...

I just found them on pitchfork. Mikal Cronin was the bassist for another band, now he's the front man.
They're a tight act. Here's that Beach Boys thing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC5QpNeG6As