Thursday, January 11, 2018

Your Thursday Moment of NRBQ

And speaking as we were yesterday of those guys -- from 1969, and their eponymous/stupdendous debut album....


...please enjoy the astoundingly great NRBQ...


...and their utterly amazing cover of Eddie Cochran's ground zero rock-and-roll classic "C'mon Everybody."



I got this album when it originally came out (courtesy of Columbia Records, who were, inexplicably, servicing the college newspaper where I was a baby rock critic) and have loved, nay lurved it ever since.

And this track, which devastated me back then, still astounds me.

Seriously, where the hell did they get that intro from? Didn't Terry Adams understand that this is just a simple three chord rock song?

3 comments:

Ken J Xenozar said...

Roof lifting off!!! So good.
I really do need to see NRBQ again. I know you can never replace orginal members, but Casey McDonnagh and Scott Ligon are crazy talented.

Alzo said...

Casey and Scott also play in sunshine-pop band The Flat Five, fronted by the divine tonsils of Kelly Hogan.

steve simels said...

The Flat Five are excellent -- didn't realize they were in the Q as well.