Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sibling Rivalry Never Goes Out of Style

Courtesy of friend of PowerPop Peter Spencer, here's an interesting documentary about the making of the Everly Brothers' 1984 reunion album that I, for one, had never previously seen.

Or as Pete says --

Attn singers. I mean it. ALL singers should watch this. Music starts at 5:45, the occasional cheesy '80s video interspersed with breathtaking (in more ways than one) footage of them singing together in the studio.



I loved that album at the time, but after watching this, I'm less enthused; the production seems dated to me, which kinda caught me by surprise. The Paul McCartney-penned "On the Wings of a Nightingale," however, remains transplendent.

2 comments:

pete said...

Yeah, the production sounds pretty dated on those Billie Holiday/Lester Young records, too, but singers can still learn an awful lot from them. I love the way D&P breathe in tandem. And I think the songs are good - "Danger, Danger" "Why Worry."

MarginAlt said...

loved it thanks! shoutout to dave edmunds as well.