Friday, August 02, 2019

Annals of Infestation (An Occasional Series)

From Baltimore, Maryland -- a city in which, according to President Mediocre Columbo Villain, "No human being would want to live" -- please enjoy the quite amazing Soft Peaks...


...and their (as far as I'm concerned classic) "Good Luck."



That's from their eponymous debut EP, and I first wrote about it HERE when it crossed my desk unbidden in 2014.

At the time I said, and I stand by these words completely:

God this is great -- corrosively sane cynicism (lyrically) and the groove from "Sweet Jane." It's like the song was designed with my mind in mind. And the rest of the tracks are just as good, BTW.

You can listen to (and download -- which you definitely should) the EP in its entirety over HERE.

Seriously -- if I was forty years younger, I'd be on a bus to Baltimore right now, and trying to figure out a way to weasel myself into this band. Higher praise than that, I can not give.

Have I mentioned that President Mediocre Columbo Villain can bite both me and everybody who lives in Baltimore? Thank you.

Have a great weekend, everybody!!!

No comments: