Friday, November 12, 2021

Great Lost Singles of the Eighties (An Occasional Series): Special "Keep It Under Your Hat" Edition

Once again, from the 1984 film Top Secret! please enjoy Val Kilmer and his hilarious performance of the most suicidal self-pitying love song in rock history -- "Spend This Night With Me."

I'm sorry to go to the well so often on this one, but after watching this yesterday, I realized I had forgotten how funny it is; I don't know which is my favorite touch -- the railroad tracks, the head in the oven, or those three guys doing that brilliant impression of The Jordanaires.

In any case, more appropriate to the theme of this here blog posting resumes on Monday.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

1 comment:

MarginAlt said...

reminiscent of the James Brown cape routine. Love it!