Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ain't Gonna Worry No More

Why Obama's Election Was a Historical Imperative, Part XXXVII:

Former Plimsouls frontman turned mesmeric contemporary blues guy Peter Case is recovering from emergency open heart surgery.

Like a lot of folks, including too many artists, Case has no health insurance, of course.



On his blog Sunday, Case, 55, posted "The surgery was successful, but I am now on a long program of recovery. In other words, I'm glad to be alive, but it really kicked my ass."

We here at PowerPop wish him all the best, obviously.

[h/t Madame Rosa]

5 comments:

ms. rosa said...

such a great video. thanks, steve...GET WELL SOON PETERCASE!

Anonymous said...

My kind of video. Great shit! Get well Peter.

ROTP(lumber)

Anonymous said...

IIRC, Case was once married to Victoria Williams, who has had a number of health problems of her own. SO many musicians without insurance...
- bill buckner

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

A great line that rings oh too true: “I thought I was smart but that was last night – it turns every 24 hours.” A good lit'ry blog he has there too.

Anonymous said...

I remember how startled and thrilled I was when I reviewed Case's first album. Boy's still got it.