Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Fun With Audio



Ever wonder what an ABBA song might sound like if it was done by a really cool powerpop band? By which I mean one with guitars?

Exhibit A: From 1996, how about The Wondermints (featuring members of Brian Wilson's current touring band) doing a killer "Knowing Me, Knowing You"?

Okay, as you may have guessed, this is actually an excuse for me to check out a new audio link thingie I just got turned on to -- and if it works, there'll be LOTS more interesting music around here in the future. The bottom line, however, is you should be able to download the MP3 by clicking on this.

And if it doesn't work -- will somebody please tell me how to post a link from a Zip file already?

I thank you.

3 comments:

Sal Nunziato said...

Have u heard Marshall Crenshaw's version? Or Joe Jackson's? Or Elvis Costello's" How about Redd Kross doing "Dancing Queen?" It seems ABBA has a lot of not-so-secret admirers. Your link woiks poifictly, by the way.

steve simels said...

And one of these days I'm gonna post my 80s skinny tie band doing "S.O.S."

So there!
:-)

Sal Nunziato said...

Finally out of the closet!