Monday, November 05, 2007

Rock 'n' Roll Nursing Home

Thirty-five years after Creedence, the great John Fogerty channels The Ramones.



I must confess I hadn't heard this song, which is from Fogerty's 2004 solo album Deja Vu All Over Again, but god, if you ever needed proof that a geezer can rock out convincingly, that would have to be it. Meanwhile, my old Sound & Vision colleague Brett Milano is raving about Fogerty's new one, which he says is in fact the guy's first solo album to live up to the legend. Guess I'll have to go check it out...

5 comments:

dave™© said...

He's got an even bigger "homage" on his latest - "I Cant' Stand It Anymore".

Clocks in at 1 minute 34 seconds, IIRC...

Anonymous said...

And the man performed the song on Letterman last month. It's the second half of the medley, the whole of which serves as a great F-U to ol' W.

dave™© said...

Sorry, that's "I Can't Take It Anymore"...

simels etc...

Cleveland Bob said...

Steve,

Fogerty's album does indeed rock.

Anonymous said...

What song was that?
(video is no longer available)