Tuesday, October 28, 2014

And Speaking of Headache-Inducing Self-Indulgent Jams By Great Bands Who Should Have Known Better...

...as we were YESTERDAY...

...from the Avalon Ballroom in 1966, please enjoy the otherwise fucking amazingly great Moby Grape and their improvised on the spot masterpiece overly-long inducer of psychedelic ennui "Dark Magic."




17 minutes long, I might add. Anybody seriously think the light show really enhanced the experience?

In any case, Television's instro-rock show last weekend sounded far too much like this. Minus the vocals, obviously.

7 comments:

steve simels said...

Note to self: Long psychedelic jams less interesting to readers not on drugs than suspected.

Anonymous said...

You said it all, man ---

pete said...

I kinda dug it. But, then, I'm high.

pete said...

Bought legally in a retail store, I might add.

Mark said...

Oohhh ... just getting off now, even though I listened to the track about eleven hours ago.

Mark said...

Nope. My mistake. Just gastric distress following a couple of beers at a Brooklyn bar and ribs at Dinosaur BBQ.

Sorry.

Haik Mendelovich said...

To be fair, this is more interesting than anything I've heard by the band Sunn O))).

If that actually helps.