Friday, July 24, 2015

Attention, Patrons of the Arts!

If you're in the vicinity of Jersey City -- which is a helluva town, BTW -- this weekend you might want to check out a very interesting group art show featuring splendid new paintings by friend of PowerPop buzzbabyjesus.

The show is at a gallery and exhibition space called The Drawing Rooms (180 Grand Street in the aforementioned Jersey burg) and on Saturday and Sunday it can be viewed from 2-6pm. A certain Shady Dame and I checked it out last week and had a splendid time, including finally getting the chance to meet the auteur himself.

Here's an earlier piece by BBJ -- a self portrait, in fact -- that isn't in the show (his recent work is more abstract and architectural).


You can find out more about the exhibition -- including directions on how to get there -- at the official Drawing Rooms website over HERE. The show can also be witnessed on Thursdays and Fridays from 4-7pm, and it runs till August 16.

Meanwhile, you can find out more about BBJ (including his band The Smoove Sailors) over at his official place HERE.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

6 comments:

tinpot said...

Just back from BBJ's site. He's really GOOD! Had no idea that BBJ, ornery, brutally honest commenter on this and Sal's blog had a sensitive side. People say the same about me, surprised that my painting is so "sunny" in contrast to my apparent nature. My only complaint ... he's better than me!

steve simels said...

"My only complaint ... he's better than me!"

I have musician friends I say that about all the time.
:-)

M_Sharp said...

That's close to Zeppelin Hall, I highly recommend stopping in for beer & brats.

http://www.zeppelinhall.com/

Anonymous said...

Goddamned subversive commie artists. The influences are obvious and well chosen. Good Luck BBJ. Some nice ones, for what my non art-crowd opinion's worth. Will there be many berets and goatees at the show:-) Cheers.

VR

Mark said...

May you sell out to the walls, and when you do so, sell the walls too!

buzzbabyjesus said...

I was in an internet free zone Friday and didn't see this until just now. Thanks so much for the kind words!